Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY Picture Flower Bouquet Planter


My Nana is always asking me for pictures of my 18 month old son, so I knew this year for mother's day she would get just that. But, I wanted to be more creative that just framing a picture and handing it to her.  I thought, what 90 year old grandma doesn’t like flowers (especially fake ones that don’t have to be watered)?  So this year for mother's day I got my pinterest creativity going and made this super simple and fun picture flower bouquet planter.

Supplies Needed:



  • Pictures
  • Scissors
  • Pen
  • Hot glue gun & glue
  • Flower template (I just pulled a picture from clip art and printed 2 onto photo paper to use as a template)
  • Circle template
  • Wooden skewer sticks
  • Basket or Bucket
  • Styrofoam 
  • Basket filler
  • Textured paper (multiple colors, if you like)
  • Laminator (optional)
  • Card stock (optional) 


Step 1 (and by far the most fun step) is deciding on pictures. Depending on how big your base is I would say you want between 15-20 pictures.  Cut the pictures into a circle the size of a silver dollar.  I glued my pictures onto card stock and then laminated them to help preserve them. Adding card stock also gives more dimension to your flowers.

Step 2 Cut flowers out of your textured paper.

Step 3 Glue photos onto cut flowers.

Step 4 Glue flowers onto skewer sticks (If you want to snazz up your flowers you can cut double the flowers and glue a flower onto the back of the stick as well to cover up the skewer and glue completely).



Step 5 Cut styrofoam to fit inside your base & glue basket filler on top of styrofoam.

Step 6 Arrange flower sticks how you desire, cutting the sticks as necessary to create different heights.

Step 7 Sit back and soak in the smiles and “aawws” when you present your gift!

Happy Mother's Day Nana~


No comments:

Post a Comment